Our team of internal and external energy experts work tirelessly to help ensure a safer, more efficient, overall smooth-running operation with less downtime for your company. ISB will help you realize energy savings as well as identify issues within your system before a CATASTROPHIC event occurs.
STEAM TRAP TESTING
Steam traps require periodic testing and maintenance to perform at maximum efficiency. Leaking traps can result in significant steam losses, and overall steam consumption can increase, reducing the efficiency of the system. The ISB team is well versed in steam trap testing and has decades of experience.
Regularly scheduled trap surveys, inspection and cleaning will help you realize substantial savings as well as significantly improve process efficiency, plant safety, and reduce environmental concerns. ISB is a one-stop shop and able to inspect, as well as replace and repair.
- Map and test the steam traps within your system
- Identify misapplied or malfunctioning steam traps that affect energy consumption
- Uncover potential problems with oversized or undersized steam traps
- Identify and recommend changes to improve efficiency
- Identify Rebates available to you
HEAT EXCHANGERS CLEANING & EFFICIENCY
- Repairs: Plug failed tubes, Retube, Remove / Replace / Install
- Cleanings: On-Site or In our Shop
Heat exchangers transfer heat from one medium to the other either heating or cooling. When deposits accumulate on heat exchangers it reduces heat transfer, this is known as fouling.
Fouling can be caused by:
- Biological and mineral deposits
- Settlement of sludge, rust, or dust particles
Any buildup drastically reduces the effectiveness of the heat transfer, which decreases the efficiency of the equipment, and costs you substantial money. Inefficiency increases energy consumption and costs, increases wear and tear on your system, and can potentially increase plant downtime.
Cleaning and descaling your heat exchanger to remove deposits will improve the operating efficiency of your heat exchangers and lengthen the life of your equipment.
Insulation is substantially underutilized by U.S. commercial and industrial facilities despite its enormous cost and energy savings potential. A properly selected, specified, installed, and maintained thermal insulation system is an investment that can payback in as quickly as six months with tremendous potential savings.
Uninsulated piping, valves, flanges, steam traps, heat exchangers, steam and hot water vessels, and boilers will manifest in significant energy losses. Thermal insulation is the most cost effective technology available today that allows energy managers to conserve energy, save money, and preserve the environment.
ISB will provide a targeted audit to save energy, improve process control and efficiency, reduce fuel bills, contribute to a cleaner environment through reduced emission by evaluating the thermal performance of the facility. We will conduct site interviews, and identify and assess the condition of existing insulation systems using standard industry accepted practices.
Our certified experts will walk your system and detail all findings, calculate thermal efficiencies, and recommend improvements for fuel cost savings, energy and environmental data, estimate new insulation, and calculate your potential return on investment.
- Meet with the facility manager to determine the scope of the audit. The facility energy usage, energy distribution systems, and the cost to operate. Review the facility layout and drawings to determine the major sources of energy serving the facility.
- Conduct a walk-through of the facility to gather data. Measure and document all applicable pipes, ducts, and equipment.
- After the on-site visit, use the 3E Plus computer software program to calculate data.
- Prepare the final report. The report will include…
- The fuel cost savings with the current systems and the potential savings with an insulation upgrade.
- The environmental impact in terms of reduced combustion product gases (CO2, NOx, and other greenhouse gases) resulting from increased energy savings and reduced fuel consumption.
- The amount of energy (Btu) loss or gain from uninsulated surfaces in the facility.
- The amount of energy (Btu) loss or gain from a pipe or vessel if it is insulated to the most thermally efficient, yet cost effective thickness.
- Present the final report.
- Detail financial savings as well as energy and environmental data.
- Identify recommendations based on analysis findings, and detail potential return on investment for an insulation upgrade.
- Provide an estimate for any insulation upgrades.
STEAM SYSTEM AUDIT
ISB experts will help you conduct a detailed assessment of your plants steam systems and components which will improve the efficiency of your steam system and reduce energy costs.
What we look for:
- Ways to increase production
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Improve safety and reliability
- Decrease your fuel consumption
- Extend the life of your system
- Boiler plant survey
- Steam distribution survey
- Steam utilization survey
- Maintenance and project recommendations
COMPRESSED AIR AUDIT
We partner with Data Power Services, LLC, compressed air system energy expert recognized by the Department of Energy. ISB, working together with Data Power Services, will incorporate your project goals and objectives in a tailored compressed air system energy assessment. Compressed air system audits offer the ability to identify productivity and quality improvements and will lead to a viable return on investment. Larger systems can reduce operating cost by 25% or more.
According to the Department of Energy and Compressed Air Challenge(R)
“Energy savings from system improvements can be substantial, resulting in thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars of potential annual savings, depending on use.”
“A properly managed compressed air system can save energy, reduce maintenance, decrease downtime, increase production throughput, and improve product quality.”
(Improving Compressed Air System Performance: A Sourcebook for Industry).
Audits lead to reduced energy costs as well as:
- Increase plant productivity
- Reduce scrap rates
- Increase system and equipment reliability
- Reduce maintenance costs