Safety Valve Repairs
ISB has the "VR" certification from the National Board to repair and test safety valves. The "VR" certification is for both the shop and field. ISB has also been selected as an authorized safety valve repair (V stamp assembler) and new valve sales center for Kunkle Valve. We also have welding authorization as an "R" stamp holder, with machining capabilities. We feature a modern testing lab for A.S.M.E. code section 1 and V111 Div.1. We are approved for Steam, Air/Gas and Liquid media.
We also perform on site testing using the latest A.V.K. electronic testing technology. We will test on site while the plant is on line, and provide a documented report for your records and insurance inspection agency.
- Pressure relief valve repair and testing.
- New Kunkle safety valve sales as a stocking distributor.
- Set pressure changes as a Kunkle V stamp assembler.
- Code Section 1, "V" Stamped Power Boiler Safety Valves.
- Code Section V111, "UV" Stamped Pressure Vessel Relief Valves.
- Special process of machining, welding, and conversions.
- Provide turnkey service to remove, repair/test, and install.
- On-site electronic testing prior to shutdown to determine which valves require repair.
- Develop and maintain pressure relief valve repair and testing program to meet customers needs.
- A.S.M.E. certified weld repairs to pressure relief valves, boiler line mounting flanges, and all pressure retaining items.
- In line machining and refacing of flange surfaces or weld end valves/preps.
- As an authorized Kunkle Valve V stamp assembler/ national board VR stamp holder, provide new O.E.M. replacement parts for Kunkle and most all manufacturers' when required, or for conversions to existing valves.
- Complete service reports provided to satisfy customer and authorized inspector/insurance company requirements.
- Safety Valve Program: Maintain a computerized record of customer's inventory of pressure relief and safety relief valves. Help customers establish a program that has a schedule of certifying all their safety valves and components. Identification of all facility pressure retaining components: ie boilers, vessels, as well as, the data of the relief valves protecting those components. Maintain records of all activity to assure timely "VR" repairs, on site testing (as applicable), tag identification, proper storage of spare valves, furnish reports by equipment and valve, etc.
- SAFETY VALVE REPAIR PROCEDURES: